Skip to main content

Darkness

I could have switched it on. But something in me resisted, as if camouflaging in darkness was the most intuitive thing to do at that moment. To remain obscure, to remain still, to embrace darkness as an innate element within us all. There's something comforting and alluring about darkness. You let light not penetrate the space, you momentarily handicap your vision. Your other senses start to come alive. You are able to seek light within, you become the illuminated, you become light. Your existence is no longer defined by external standards. You cease to exist, but your core remains. You allow yourself to be seen solely by its essence. And these utterings, they stop diffusing into the surroundings, instead the darkness becomes the vessel that teleports your prayers beyond.

I rolled out the mat, I stood.

Allahu Akbar.

Where no one sees you, you only allow yourself to be seen by the Divine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds