The one universal need we all share in common with is the need to feel grounded and anchored in something. The sense of grounding indicates that no matter how strong the storm comes, we cannot be swayed. We all are looking around for this sense of purpose. Like the deep roots of the trees, we want to have a sense of rootedness and a place in this world. It's easy to ignore this need. Sometimes this need manifests and even disguises itself as something else. And then we forget about it because this manifestation of this need has been fulfilled by something else. And the deeper roots remain unnourished and unattended.
I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...
Comments
Post a Comment