Skip to main content

Wait for me

I always find myself in the same situation too many times before. The world's a fast-moving place, I'm in a whirl and I just want everything to be in slow motion, I want it all to stop even just for a minute. And then I would ask myself; what is it that I really want to do? All I want to do, is really to be in the entirety of myself and treating myself like I am my own lover; listening attentively to myself and listening to my needs, my wants, independent of anything, anyone and any influences of any sorts. All I want to do is to sit somewhere and do nothing, with no disturbances, no emails, no text messages to attend to. I want to pick a good book and read in a safe, comfortable place, and just be pensive. And do a great deal of catching up with myself, perhaps with a good movie or in places where I could find tranquility. To take a bus to nowhere and just plugged into great music. And to think about life, think about the good times, think about many good times to come, think about ideas, think of ways to improve myself, do some reflections, count my blessings, appreciate my loved ones, be joyful and just be at peace. The world is too fast a place for me. There are just too many things for me to keep up with and all I find myself uttering in my head to anyone and anything is; "Wait for me, wait wait wait wait wait wait.."

I think the world is becoming a scary place because we stop thinking about ourselves and we start to ignore ourselves. Like we don't exist independently anymore and we are just manifestations of work, people and all these things we are doing. If we could only just start attending to ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds