Skip to main content

Ma vie pendant l'été

Hello earthlings! Woa, just like that time flew. I withdrew myself from this blog and I realized that it REALLY does need a lot of updating. For one, I had a temporary job for 2 months at People's Association. I was back in the same department I worked in exactly a year ago. For another, there was one point in time when I thought my life was a mess, it wasn't all so long-lived though (or so I hope). As they say, when it rains, it pours. But also, there's this saying that time heals all wounds, and that there's always light at the end of the tunnel. I, for one, believe that there are truths in such cliché-d sayings. And also, I went to Bangkok for a short, awesome shopping trip. I honestly do not know how three months fly.

I attempt to update my blog more, not for the sake of readers (I don't even know if there's anyone reading this anymore), but purely for myself. I remembered the humanistic feel I had a couple of years back, completely in touch with my feelings, and if there's any need for me to vent, I'd come here. And if there's any interesting thoughts and opinions, I'd turn to this space too. Also, Ramadhan is here, and I want to feel rejuvenated. I am amazed at how time really flew, here I am, standing and greeting Ramadhan again (thank you God for allowing me to see this day), and I am amazed that I'm standing here, doing my fourth, final academic year before I could see myself in that blue robe. I sincerely hope that the rest of the year would be good to me, and to my fellow loved ones.



I would love to give this book a second read. I wouldn't say that it's my ultimate lifesaver (although to some degree, yes), but I admire how Elizabeth Gilbert handled the shit that life throws her; that is just amazing. During the time when I was quite a mess, I came to realize that I was not alone, so my mind began to wander and think about everyone else, and the world. And I thought that, hey, when people are indeed a mess, they are blind to everyone else's sufferings. So I stopped to think about some of my girlfriends who had gone through shits, I thought about the losses that some of the people I know had experienced, and then suddenly I feel that my problem has become so minute, as if it diminishes when it's put against all the other pressing issues of the world. And then I realized, that, actually, all of us are broken, at one point in time. ALL of us, are broken. But then, we are given chances to be whole again, and that process is really up to how one handles it. And in my opinion, Elizabeth did it so well, I think this isn't the first time I pen down my praises of her here in this blog.

So yeah, roughly about 1 more week till school starts. It's time for me to make it awesome (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...