Skip to main content

Time

Here's what I think about time. The more you have time in your hands, the more you let it slip away. Just like how you try to collect more sand and how it overflows and escapes through the holes between your fingers. The time frame you envision is longer, thus, you do not keep pace. You think you can afford to let it slip away when in fact you can do more. The less time you have, the more you push yourself to work to keep pace, with the knowledge that time is unstoppable. This parallels with the whole idea of working under pressure. To be on your toes all the time. Aren't we all brought up in a society where everything's all so fast-paced?

I'm slowly attaining epiphany with regards to PL2132.
Jiayi has been really helpful. All you need in a working environment is really a good support system (:

I'm experiencing mixed feelings the whole day today. Sometimes I wish I could fly away to somewhere where I know no one. And just spill everything that's on my mind (not that I have much woes or anything) to a complete stranger. Spill and then leave. To a place where you are not tied down with any commitments, obligations, responsiblities. To a place where no one judges, criticises, ridicules. To a place where you feel free. Free of everything that adds on weight to your shoulders. Free of the little things hiding in the crevices of your brain. The idea of it seems really thrilling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds