Skip to main content

Death

I had one of the most interesting but harrowing conversations today with one of the interviewees for my research. She is one of those people known for her bluntness and tends to say things in the most candid and unfiltered manners. During our exchanges, it sounded like she had a lot of frustrations and needed to ventilate about many things. For some reason, the conversation became something about death. She was trying to make a point that death is inevitable and can happen at anytime. So she told me that, death can even happen after I left her place. While I can understand where she was coming from, I really shudder at the thought. I walked out and made prayers. I returned home and told myself that if I die that same day, that woman must really have an impeccable intuition and superpowers i.e. premonition.

May God have mercy on us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Coincidence helps you in some way

There's this guy who happens to be in the same stats and developmental psych tutorial as me, and we knew each other through those classes. So after our class yesterday, we happened to board the same bus, happened to go to the same place, and happened to need to deposit money as well. I brought half of my wad of notes from money I collected from Hari Raya and the money I received from tuition too. Anyway, thankfully for the guy, he told me that the machine does not accept 5-dollar, and 2-dollar notes and MAJORITY of the thick wad of notes I brought were. Can you imagine how stupid I would look if I were to put the whole wad of notes there and they would all be rejected? And I had FORGOTTEN about it, so dumb please. You know, families should give you $10 notes instead of $2s (HAHA). So geez, I only managed to bank in abit only. After everything, the guy had to go for his taekwondo classes and I'm meeting Qeen, AND after spoken about exams, exchange programmes, past schools, bad ...