Skip to main content

Random Dream Job List

Before I forget the jobs I may want to venture at some point in my life, I think I better start listing them. I was thinking about the whole settling down in UK and how it must be like to start anew and to find jobs. I know that I need to start paying my dues first, and that means I may not land in ideal or dream job at the first attempt. This got me excited because then I could then explore all the other random things I want to do: -

  • Tour Guide. Yes this is an irony because I am a traveller who avoids going with a tour group at all costs. I take on tours only when some places I'd like to go to are inaccessible and challenging to go to on my own. This is also an irony considering that I don't like how the places tour guides tend to bring you are the MAINSTREAM and touristy places. But I tinkled with this idea for a bit when I was going through a serious burnout while I was Probation Officer. I looked at the Tour Guide courses they offered in Singapore. So, if I'm going to be based in the UK, I think I could perhaps try this out. I think I have the energy to be a Tour Guide, and I have always enjoyed walking and talking about buildings, places, heritage, culture, nature. And most importantly, giving my own personal flavour and choice when I demonstrate oft-beaten places.
  • Coffee Barista. This has been something I have always wanted to do ever since I was a teenager. I am not a coffee person at all (you can say that I drink coffee like once in 2 months or so), but I would love to brew coffee and make different types of coffee. I think it would be a skill that is fun to acquire.
  • Photographer. Not a professional one, but just a budding photographer if you like. One thing I learn about myself is that I enjoy taking pictures, mainly pictures of nature and landscapes. I do think that I could be pretty good at taking pictures of people too and especially in taking candid pictures and generating ideas that would make a photo fun. I have always intended to take up photography skills but a part of me have always resisted this idea because it seems like the whole world is doing it and I don't like being mainstream and doing things like everyone else. But having said that, I do think it's worthy enough to take this up. I just need to invest in a good camera, which is always a big chore for me (I take ages to shop for something expensive).
I guess I can dream and not afraid to pen them down once in awhile, although there is a high chance it may not become a reality. But even so, this list seems to tell me that I do yearn to nurture my creative side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to basics

Once again the heavy downpour. Certainly the rhythmic sound of the rain, slapping against the floor, against the windows, have conjured images in our heads of the pleasant idea of sleeping, or reading with hot cocoa (but of course this wouldn't be possible due to fasting), or just snuggling up in bed. How nice. But here I am almost dressed and ready for school. I don't know why, but it has been quite some time since I felt like I've been in school, like proper school. Perhaps it's the three days mc I've got. But now, I feel like I'm energized despite fasting, all set and ready for school. The scent of cooking porridge and spaghetti made me all excited to get through 2 lectures, one meeting and a bus ride home back welcomed by the sumptuous breaking fast meal although I'd only be back by eight-ish. Today shall be the first in a long time I'd make an appearance in French class. It's been more than a week. Wish me luck that my temperature won't rise...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

I need a challenge

Now I feel like doing just one thing and that's just it. So far I feel like I've been running around doing a million random things, like tuitioning, and then to autism centre for volunteer, and then interviewing dialysis patients. And then soon I will be helping khalilah with a one-day media corp thing and there's gonna be YOG training soon. I need to just do one thing, I'm feeling kind of bored just being here and there, and everywhere. KL for 3 days was awesome. Being high during the course of the trip was an understatement. Shopping there was a disappointment though, hopefully I'll be able to go there again in July and perhaps the sales would be better. But food wasn't a letdown at all. I wish the trip was longer though. Actually, I just feel like being in some faraway place to get a good feel of holiday mood because I don't feel much of a holiday just being in Singapore. Dream on. I also need to find some good deal of time to read. I hate it that everyti...