Skip to main content

Random Dream Job List

Before I forget the jobs I may want to venture at some point in my life, I think I better start listing them. I was thinking about the whole settling down in UK and how it must be like to start anew and to find jobs. I know that I need to start paying my dues first, and that means I may not land in ideal or dream job at the first attempt. This got me excited because then I could then explore all the other random things I want to do: -

  • Tour Guide. Yes this is an irony because I am a traveller who avoids going with a tour group at all costs. I take on tours only when some places I'd like to go to are inaccessible and challenging to go to on my own. This is also an irony considering that I don't like how the places tour guides tend to bring you are the MAINSTREAM and touristy places. But I tinkled with this idea for a bit when I was going through a serious burnout while I was Probation Officer. I looked at the Tour Guide courses they offered in Singapore. So, if I'm going to be based in the UK, I think I could perhaps try this out. I think I have the energy to be a Tour Guide, and I have always enjoyed walking and talking about buildings, places, heritage, culture, nature. And most importantly, giving my own personal flavour and choice when I demonstrate oft-beaten places.
  • Coffee Barista. This has been something I have always wanted to do ever since I was a teenager. I am not a coffee person at all (you can say that I drink coffee like once in 2 months or so), but I would love to brew coffee and make different types of coffee. I think it would be a skill that is fun to acquire.
  • Photographer. Not a professional one, but just a budding photographer if you like. One thing I learn about myself is that I enjoy taking pictures, mainly pictures of nature and landscapes. I do think that I could be pretty good at taking pictures of people too and especially in taking candid pictures and generating ideas that would make a photo fun. I have always intended to take up photography skills but a part of me have always resisted this idea because it seems like the whole world is doing it and I don't like being mainstream and doing things like everyone else. But having said that, I do think it's worthy enough to take this up. I just need to invest in a good camera, which is always a big chore for me (I take ages to shop for something expensive).
I guess I can dream and not afraid to pen them down once in awhile, although there is a high chance it may not become a reality. But even so, this list seems to tell me that I do yearn to nurture my creative side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds