Skip to main content

1 month

Today marks one month since I arrived in the UK. Definitely am feeling more settled than I was two weeks and even a week ago. Taking a walk in the nearby park when the sun was shining yesterday was an opportunity I could not miss. For the first time here, I feel so much peace and joy, and that moment convinced me more than ever that my element is truly being under the canopy of trees (with blue skies and some sunshine). I spent alot of time outdoors in Singapore, I suppose that contributed alot to this inclination and preference. But in that element, I feel so much love. Even more so in the form that autumn allows these tall beings to be where I could witness leaves leaving them and joining many others that become this beautiful carpet of dried, crispy leaves I was walking on. Every leaf is beautiful - the orange ones, the yellow, the green, the brown, the red. The most fascinating are the ones with a gradient of colours, once again reminding me what transformation and change could look like, and the beauty of that process. I'm still adjusting to change, but I know that I'm not alone being under these canopy of trees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Coincidence helps you in some way

There's this guy who happens to be in the same stats and developmental psych tutorial as me, and we knew each other through those classes. So after our class yesterday, we happened to board the same bus, happened to go to the same place, and happened to need to deposit money as well. I brought half of my wad of notes from money I collected from Hari Raya and the money I received from tuition too. Anyway, thankfully for the guy, he told me that the machine does not accept 5-dollar, and 2-dollar notes and MAJORITY of the thick wad of notes I brought were. Can you imagine how stupid I would look if I were to put the whole wad of notes there and they would all be rejected? And I had FORGOTTEN about it, so dumb please. You know, families should give you $10 notes instead of $2s (HAHA). So geez, I only managed to bank in abit only. After everything, the guy had to go for his taekwondo classes and I'm meeting Qeen, AND after spoken about exams, exchange programmes, past schools, bad ...