Skip to main content

2017

2017 seems like a year of redemption for me in many ways which I'm deeply thankful for. Time factor has a lot to do with it and I'm grateful to attain a level of work-life balance that makes time for personal growth & development and to nurture my other interests. The defining moments were those of risk-taking and taking chances, stepping into discomfort and walking into unchartered territories. Be it showing up when it's difficult, having tough conversations, showing love even when it may come with no guarantees and risking pain, recognising my overly apologetic nature when I shouldn't have to in some situations, and learning that saying no doesn't need to bring along guilt. 2017 flew before me just like that, in a very good way, but it also confronts me with a feature of time we often overlook - the kindness and patience that it provides. Even if 2017 did not go the way we planned, time has been patient with us, as it has always been all these years. To see us through low points and failures and offer us the space to bounce back and move forward, to let us experience both the sinking and rising. Time heals, time gives chances, time facilitates growth, time reunites us with our potential and capabilities, time redeems. Time tells you, it's okay have another go at it, let's try again. 2017, as a redemption year personally for me, affirms this. For all the time I will catch myself saying "when is it time?", I hope this writing serves as a reminder to self. Give time, time. Trust time. Let time, be. Let time reveal to you when it comes, this 2018. We do our work, and let time do its work too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!