Skip to main content

Thirst

This is the thirst of a weary and withering soul. This is a thirst which stems from a place of void. This is a thirst for the pursuit of something, anything to revive the weakening and dying soul. The pursuit of meaning and inspiration. The pursuit of purposeful living and self actualization. The pursuit of a greater cause which transcends the material and physical. The pursuit of endless possibilities and growth. The pursuit of transformation and adventure. The pursuit of a journey within. This is the thirst, yearning for solace and peace. This is the thirst for an awakening.

Another is the thirst, a physical thirst which tires and slows down the living. This is the thirst which couldn't be quenched as a result of ruthless tyrants and their followers who did not understand compassion and humanity. This is the thirst of the oppressed under the hands of tyranny and cruelty. This is the thirst of a 7 month old who has done no wrong. This is the thirst of a man, this close to reaching the water, only to have his arms severed. This is the thirst of women who stood firm in their unwavering support despite being humiliated and denied of their rights to modesty. This is, the thirst of the man who stood firm in his faith, to stand against that which deviated from the Truth. The man who stood firm to protect and preserve the nation upon which his grandfather built with struggle, sweat, tears and faith. This is the thirst of a man of unyielding faith who willingly gave up his own life to uphold justice. This is the thirst of the man who fiercely braved through the war to be where he ought to be and to be where he was meant to be; with his grandfather and to finally reunite with his Beloved. This is the thirst of the eyes which bore witness to manslaughter and ruthless killings and beheading on the red plains. This is the thirst of the eyes which continue to cry 1400 years on. And this is the thirst of today.

This ought to be the resounding thirst of today. This is the thirst of a revolution. This is the thirst to overthrow oppression and injustice. This is the thirst to uphold goodness and repel evil. This is the thirst to see with the hearts and discern between truth and falsehood. This will continue to be the thirst to revive the humanity. And this will be the thirst to continue as a legacy. This will the thirst to continue until justice prevails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!