Skip to main content

Mirage

One could fall in love with an idea. Like a magnet, it sticks on you. Like a boomerang, it comes back to you with every swing in efforts to push it away. It latches on the mind. It refuses to go away. It makes you run through it in the mind, countless replays and reruns. And the more you let it play before you, the more attractive it becomes. This idea delights you, it energizes you. It overwhelms you with all its perfection, its beauty. So pure, as if nothing could taint it. It is perfect. The heart wants to indulge in it.

Yet it becomes to appear much like an obsession, an unhealthy indulgence, an addiction. It is out of sight, but it is in the mind. Like a parasite which has been feeding off the brain long enough to make the mind its own home, spreading wildly and vividly. This idea, it seems real. It seems real more than anything else.

And yet, this idea just stays in the mind. This idea is just.. an idea. 

What is it about you? 

Maybe it isn't about the mind after all. It is about the heart. The heart is thirsty.

The heart is thirsty for what appears to be just a mirage of the water.

A thirst one cannot seem to quench.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Coincidence helps you in some way

There's this guy who happens to be in the same stats and developmental psych tutorial as me, and we knew each other through those classes. So after our class yesterday, we happened to board the same bus, happened to go to the same place, and happened to need to deposit money as well. I brought half of my wad of notes from money I collected from Hari Raya and the money I received from tuition too. Anyway, thankfully for the guy, he told me that the machine does not accept 5-dollar, and 2-dollar notes and MAJORITY of the thick wad of notes I brought were. Can you imagine how stupid I would look if I were to put the whole wad of notes there and they would all be rejected? And I had FORGOTTEN about it, so dumb please. You know, families should give you $10 notes instead of $2s (HAHA). So geez, I only managed to bank in abit only. After everything, the guy had to go for his taekwondo classes and I'm meeting Qeen, AND after spoken about exams, exchange programmes, past schools, bad ...