Skip to main content

The pursuit of knowledge

Every now and then, we stumble upon doors we never knew existed, not knowing exactly what are behind them. And then we decide whether to open that door and enter, or to close that door and remain walking on the paths we are already familiar with. Sometimes, we take a rain check and put a bookmark on that door, and revisit it the next time we feel we are more ready to enter it.

But sometimes, there are no doors. Sometimes, the doors are not visible enough to our naked eyes. Sometimes, we have to actively build the doors ourselves and let ourselves in, and face the uncharted pathways ahead of us.

And the next step? That is the scary part.

If there is desire to know what is behind that door, we need to brave ourselves to know what is on the other side.

And what should be expected of us?

To start being comfortable with any discomfort that the journey may bring.

And quoting a friend/a close colleague of mine, she said that the true essence of a seeker really, is very different from just the physical act of seeking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Coincidence helps you in some way

There's this guy who happens to be in the same stats and developmental psych tutorial as me, and we knew each other through those classes. So after our class yesterday, we happened to board the same bus, happened to go to the same place, and happened to need to deposit money as well. I brought half of my wad of notes from money I collected from Hari Raya and the money I received from tuition too. Anyway, thankfully for the guy, he told me that the machine does not accept 5-dollar, and 2-dollar notes and MAJORITY of the thick wad of notes I brought were. Can you imagine how stupid I would look if I were to put the whole wad of notes there and they would all be rejected? And I had FORGOTTEN about it, so dumb please. You know, families should give you $10 notes instead of $2s (HAHA). So geez, I only managed to bank in abit only. After everything, the guy had to go for his taekwondo classes and I'm meeting Qeen, AND after spoken about exams, exchange programmes, past schools, bad ...