Skip to main content

Some time with myself

I think introversion comes with age, really. I'm a very good example. Ever since I stopped interning, I've just been keeping a lot to myself. If you compare a 4-months ago me and the present me, I was probably more extroverted back then. I don't know if social networking sites are accurate means to gauge one's extroversion, you could check me out on Facebook and with the timeline feature (a great way to stalk, may I add), you could see the number of things I was sharing or how people connected with me, 2 years ago as compared to now. There were more random stuffs I was happy to entertain and crazy, crazy wallposts (now that I'm reading them I cannot stop laughing!). I suppose Facebook does show how much and how well you are connected to a certain extent. Of course I do not dismiss the other factors that contribute to one's extroversion and I do agree with the superficiality of certain interactions via social media.

Dang, I need to get out of this. Don't get me wrong, not that I am disliking the fact that I'm keeping a lot to myself. It's probably my down time and I needed it after graduation and internship. I've been residing a lot in my head as well and have been doing some reflections. Nonetheless, there's this fear that once I am too comfortable in this state, I'd be so out of touch, I stop trying and then I stagnate. My source of energy is people and socializing, and I need to do that pronto after Eid. I need to get out of the bed, away from laptop and books, and get some sunshine. Time to stop bumming and unleash the social animal in me.

Or, I could slowly accept the fact that introversion does come with age. Now that it's finally sinking in that I am going to be a working adult, introversion is required at times. Sometimes it's nice to take a slow stroll from a nearby mall back home just to have 'me' time, sometimes it's fun to do grocery shopping by oneself, sometimes the thought of spending time with a good book on the bed all day long is so alluring, sometimes it's nice to be pondering about life and formulate new thoughts and develop a good bit of wisdom, and sometimes all you want is to talk to just one person at the end of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds