It's like running a marathon. You start the journey with unwavering willpower, confidence and the fullest energy. And then when you're stuck somewhere in the middle, in this long, tiring, endless journey, you start to lose sight of your destination. But when you start to see that finishing line, a sudden burst of energy from nowhere just take you over; you just want to spring your legs and dart across that final stretch. The best part? You get to see who's truly there cheering you on at the finishing line. Sweet.
I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...
Comments
Post a Comment