Skip to main content

The simple pleasures in life

In no particular order:

Making someone smile
Seeing strangers smile back at you
Rolling your tongue over heavily syrup-coated Baklavas from Turkey
Basking under the Sun on the Lazy River like a boss
Deep conversations
1-to-1 McNuggets
Baking something for the first time and then eating your very own product immediately the moment you've done your finishing touches
Licking cheese cream frosting from your index finger from a very fine tupperware
Watching Bean movie with the sister and laughing away as if it was the first time watching it
Taking your time to shop and trying on every single apparel you love as if you own the hours on the clock, on a perfect weekday
Roaming Town alone and going anywhere you want to
Seeing how your unread, good books are piling up and loving the idea of books waiting on you
Spending late nights just talking
Getting out from the bed to drag yourself for breakfast dates
Heading to the airport not only to send/fetch people, but really to just be at the airport
Seeing how people value your company as much as you value theirs
Eating whatever you crave for, like fried nothings, corn in the cup, almond pretzels, and every cuisine you like
Coming over to your friend's place just to fry French Toast, not for breakfast, but for lunch instead
Having a library book recommended by your father because he thinks it's the sort of book you would like to read to feed your spiritual need
Discovering new places, and revisit certain places to create new memories
Loving the view from your room despite seeing the same ol' view for 13 years of your life
Commuting on long bus rides and knowing there is nothing to rush for
Smelling an approaching downpour and being able to watch from afar how the raindrops actually reach you
Spending hours in the confines of the room just singing; just you and your awesome tunes from the laptop (and locking the door to make sure no one enters on your horrible singing!)
Just laughing; pure genuine, whole-hearted laughs
-

Happy 2012, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!