Skip to main content

Expressway to piss

You know what's the difference between the ladies and the gents? You rarely get to see a snaking line outside the gents. It's one of the sights I absolutely detest whenever I need the loo. But fortunately I don't really have to resort much to queuing most of the time for I am a true 'squatter'. It's probably due to the plenty of training back in Hillview where I grew up which had a squatting toilet. Really, given 4 empty sitting cubicles and 1 squatting one, I choose the squatting one 99.9% of the time. Actually, let me correct that. I automatically head towards the squatting toilet, like it's some sort of an innate preference. This must be one of the strangest behaviours ever cos I strangely find squatting rather thrilling and erm, easier. And I usually get asked by some friends while washing my hands; "Oh, so you prefer squatting isit?" Why is it that people would not, EVER, go to the squatting cubicle even if it means having to wait in a very long queue? Research has shown that squatting facilitates the bowel movements and waste elimination will be faster and complete as well. So you could actually save time AND be nicer to your kidneys, and even better, you'd probably have healthier bowels too.

What I usually do when I see long, snaky queues:

1) Confidently walk past the queue to check if squatting cubicle is empty
2) If not, mentally search for other nearby toilets
3) Too far, so will just wait along with many others

Most of the time, I don't have to proceed to Step 2. So laleedums for that.

So if you're a sitter, come and convert to a squatter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to basics

Once again the heavy downpour. Certainly the rhythmic sound of the rain, slapping against the floor, against the windows, have conjured images in our heads of the pleasant idea of sleeping, or reading with hot cocoa (but of course this wouldn't be possible due to fasting), or just snuggling up in bed. How nice. But here I am almost dressed and ready for school. I don't know why, but it has been quite some time since I felt like I've been in school, like proper school. Perhaps it's the three days mc I've got. But now, I feel like I'm energized despite fasting, all set and ready for school. The scent of cooking porridge and spaghetti made me all excited to get through 2 lectures, one meeting and a bus ride home back welcomed by the sumptuous breaking fast meal although I'd only be back by eight-ish. Today shall be the first in a long time I'd make an appearance in French class. It's been more than a week. Wish me luck that my temperature won't rise...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

I need a challenge

Now I feel like doing just one thing and that's just it. So far I feel like I've been running around doing a million random things, like tuitioning, and then to autism centre for volunteer, and then interviewing dialysis patients. And then soon I will be helping khalilah with a one-day media corp thing and there's gonna be YOG training soon. I need to just do one thing, I'm feeling kind of bored just being here and there, and everywhere. KL for 3 days was awesome. Being high during the course of the trip was an understatement. Shopping there was a disappointment though, hopefully I'll be able to go there again in July and perhaps the sales would be better. But food wasn't a letdown at all. I wish the trip was longer though. Actually, I just feel like being in some faraway place to get a good feel of holiday mood because I don't feel much of a holiday just being in Singapore. Dream on. I also need to find some good deal of time to read. I hate it that everyti...