Skip to main content

Bliss

Oasis says "Don't Look Back In Anger". But have you ever looked back and feel that if you've been given another chance to relive your life, you will not change a thing?

It's Friday today. Well, I would say that it's been a pretty ordinary day. Had to force myself out of bed and I attempted to be in school by 9 am but failed miserably (as did everyone else in my group) for a project meeting. Had to brave the crowd to get to the science faculty to get my laptop fixed. Typically, my day in school revolves around readings, groupmates, and just awesome people I love to socialize with. If there's one thing I feel grateful for, it would really be the people in it. I have mentioned this number of times before; that if I don't feel socially connected, it's as good as saying that I'm dead. So I am eternally grateful for people who make school bearable.

Anyway cutting to the chase, the reason why I brought up the question at the very first paragraph is because right at this beautiful moment, sitting in my living room and still in my school clothes, I feel nothing but bliss and gratitude. This morning, I woke up and I felt good about myself. I took a few seconds to say thanks to God, and thanks to myself for feeling good. When I was on the 20-minutes bus ride back home just now, I feel nothing but gratitude too. Now you must be wondering why. Well, they say creative juices flow when you're in showers. For me, my mind wanders to great lengths when I'm on bus rides. I took the time to look back and reflect upon the past 6 months. About a couple of months ago, I remembered myself being in an ugly mess. I remembered the person I was at that time, I only remembered how bleak I thought life was, and I remembered asking "How do I go on?" once upon a time. When I looked at my past self and myself right now, I feel a sense of positivity crawling from my skin, and that my outlook seems to improve, and I feel nothing but pure gratitude. I am aware that this state of the moment might be short-lived, or it could be long-lived, but whatever it is, I am just deeply grateful and I am allowing myself to bask in this moment, even if it is for little while.

If you look at the second paragraph, sounds like I had a typical day huh? But any typical day can be filled with so much meaning, if you let it. And for me, it is a day filled with bliss and gratitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...