Skip to main content

Gonna get over it

Singapore's night heat was getting to me, totally couldn't sleep. Had burst of mixed emotions from nowhere really. Had nothing to do. Was admiring pretty girls on Facebook. And then catching up with Fadiah on skype. And then it struck me. How much I should have planned my years carefully. I should have studied harder in Year 1, so I could go for exchange in Year 3. I could have had my dreams come true, study in a French-speaking country, and just have a European experience for 6 months. I should have studied harder so I wouldn't have to struggle so much in Year 3 just so I can make it for honours. Well looks like I hadn't plan it out so well huh? It sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. Now I feel like rolling into a ball and shrink into nonexistence.

But then again there's no point in thinking over the past. It's over. At least I am thankful for all the opportunities I grabbed during these 3 years in NUS (I've drafted a long entry on this, have yet to publish it due to incompletion).

On a more positive note, Sara Bareilles concert later at Esplanade! Can't wait.
Now, tell me, when is it that she goes off-pitch live?!
Check this song out, it's awesome!


i'll be alright
just not tonight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Coincidence helps you in some way

There's this guy who happens to be in the same stats and developmental psych tutorial as me, and we knew each other through those classes. So after our class yesterday, we happened to board the same bus, happened to go to the same place, and happened to need to deposit money as well. I brought half of my wad of notes from money I collected from Hari Raya and the money I received from tuition too. Anyway, thankfully for the guy, he told me that the machine does not accept 5-dollar, and 2-dollar notes and MAJORITY of the thick wad of notes I brought were. Can you imagine how stupid I would look if I were to put the whole wad of notes there and they would all be rejected? And I had FORGOTTEN about it, so dumb please. You know, families should give you $10 notes instead of $2s (HAHA). So geez, I only managed to bank in abit only. After everything, the guy had to go for his taekwondo classes and I'm meeting Qeen, AND after spoken about exams, exchange programmes, past schools, bad ...