Skip to main content

Girlfriends

I cannot imagine life without girlfriends and the many wonderful things associated with it. Heart-to-heart talks, giggly giggles, genuinity, deep conversations, compassion, having them to relate extremely well with you, being silly together, doing many million girly (or non-girly) things, gossiping (yes this is bad but I am certain every girl does it), story sharing, warm hugs, sleepovers, comfortable silences, squeals, being there for each other NO MATTER WHAT, talking about everything under the Sun knowing they won't EVER judge you, boy talk, boy crushes, celebrity crushes, window shopping, shopping.. uh shopping?

It's like there's this bond and camaraderie only girls understand.
And I'd say that we should be thankful to have the amazing girls to whom we can do all these with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds