Skip to main content

Bound to you

Funny things happen whenever I'm too engrossed in a conversation with someone. Like take last Friday for example in the school library, I happened to bump into this psych senior of mine so I asked her about how honours is like and stuffs like that. And all that while I was registering myself to book a computer. So I was yakking away and I could actually multi-task, but I FORGOT the computer I chose to sit at. How silly. Can you imagine after choosing the computer seat, I glanced at the seat number without internalizing it. How typical of me!

Something just came across my mind. And perhaps it has to do with me being a girl and everything. Sometimes I really wonder why on earth do the amount of clothes in my wardrobe simply DIMINISHES at an alarming speed. Are there crocodiles down there? Oh gosh. And each time that happens I feel like I don't have clothes when that isn't true at all! Ah, I need to shop nonetheless! CNY sales FTW :D

Oh happy Lunar New Year to my Chinese friens, and any Koreans out there who's reading this cos I believe they celebrate it too right?

I finally caught Burlesque. Christina is beyond awesome. I've always thought she has the best female vocals ever. And perhaps Kelly Clarkson as well.


Suddenly the moment's here
I embrace my fears
All that I have been carrying all these years
Do I risk it all
Come this far just to fall, fall

Ooh,
I'm bound to you.



Beautifully written and sung.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds