Skip to main content

Not so ordinary

There's really something about today that makes it a very good day although I'm only typing this at 10:18 am. I am a happy girl. I slept earlier yesterday (note that my early can be 12 am), and I woke up this morning feeling fresh and for once in a week or so, I feel like I've had sufficient sleep. I woke up to a nice motivational message and suddenly I feel I can do anything. Took a nice shower, picked on a simple tunic top with my flowery scarf and slipped into my comfortable denim pumps. I managed to board onto a bus that was almost empty. When I alighted the bus, there were 2 of the same buses behind me, all crowded. Am a lucky girl. Sauntered to school macs to get a cheap $4.30 breakfast meal and am here seated in my favourite part of the school library, and without having to see this regular couple hogging the power plug. Savoured my hashbrowns, went to the washroom and I stared at myself in the mirror and I see a very contented girl. I'm thankful :D

So far it's been good. So I hope I can complete my never-ending agendas for the day.
Have a good day everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...