Skip to main content

After so long

Hello world! I know that I've been gone for more than 3 weeks. I don't even have an entry on the last day of my exams but yeah! It's all over now and summer break's in! Even the exam results will be out in a week's time. To tell you the truth, I have no idea how exactly time flew for the past 3 weeks. But here's some:

  • Nuurun has already been discharged and she's been doing good! I'm grateful that you made it through my dear. Strut with those nice shoes and your pretty shawl and we can go out again and enjoy the summer break!
  • The usual, random socializing with people!
  • Went to apply for volunteerism at IMH and Autism Partnership, we decided the latter and still waiting for confirmation if we can volunteer to work with the kids :) Was thinking that since I have free time, why not volunteer? But of course I need to get a job quick too.
  • Had tuition marathons with tutee. 5 different tuition sessions but we're having one-week break for now. Hope he does well in his mid year exams.
  • Had been working for Dr. Griva on her study on dialysis patients, over and done with that already now though. It went pretty alright but challenging at first since I had to speak comprehensible, fluent Malay (note that the Malay I speak can be very disjointed and pasar) to most of the patients and it sucked very much at the beginning. But it got better :) Also, I experienced a conversation with a dementia patient and that was quite some challenge especially since his train of thoughts was incoherent and short-span. It was also great that some patients are very chatty and their stories were actually very interesting.
  • In need of an exciting job, otherwise my summer would suck doing typical things. Knowing how people tend to complain when they have too little or too much of things, having too much time on your hands is not good. Especially now that I can't fulfil my internship plans, I absolutely must find a good part-time job in place of that. I'm losing moolahs by the day.
  • Went to JB one of the Saturdays, was a total eat-out plus movie time! Iron Man 2 and Bounty Hunter. I thought Bounty Hunter would be crappy but it turned out pretty good.
  • Nisha's 21st birthday party was awesome!
  • Although this constitutes probably very little (smaller than I wanted to), I did have some 'me' time, and especially involving Personal Taste and Lee Min Ho (and other great movies)!
  • Managed to jog just ... ONCE. PATHETIC I KNOW.
  • Number of books completed = 1/2 of a book. Geez.
  • And other random things like staying overnight at Changi Airport with crazy friends, baking etc.

Also, I will be going to KL just for 3 short days. So kiki if you're reading this I hope you'll be free from 4-6th June to show us around!

So long! Hopefully I won't take very long to update another entry :) Enjoy your holiday people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds