Skip to main content

Yoohoo!

Short updates:
  • Final final French grammar test is tomorrow afternoon
  • My FIRST final paper (personality) is in TEN days' time! SHIT.
  • For some weird reason, I feel sleepy as early as 10:30 pm for these past two days. Crap.
  • My crazy friends think that there ought to have tudung pyjamas for those who don them (this made me LMAO X 10000000000).
  • Bittersweet experience for french oral exam, lol.
  • I, amongst the sea of people who had, haven't watched How to Train a Dragon. Me, together with possibly two other people (katty and wenxiang) HAHA. So pathetic please. Is it really THAT good? Daym looks like I'd be missing a good show since gotta study (sucks!)
  • I got the position NOC Assistant (French) for the Youth Olympics event! So eggciting! Ok so this means my August would be filled.
  • But ... no news for internship yet. People reply at tortoise-like speed really. Even though I did receive prompt replies, those aren't acceptance letters. Jeez. If all else fail, I'll find a part-time job!
  • Oh and finally I have this current dilemma, there's this application for local exchange (so that means NTU and SMU for me), should I go? I don't even know if I'd be going overseas exchange boohoo. This is because I'm stuck at this position where I don't even know if I should proceed to honours years with my current CAP. So in order for me to do exchange overseas in Year 3 Sem 2, I MUST do honours. And I don't want to be doing honours if my CAP is the minimum. And then there's this local exchange for next semester. Should I should I? Maybe to SMU?

Till then, so long! Have a good week everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...