Skip to main content

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Some things just had to be mentioned! Like say, last Friday night I went out with a bunch of crazy french class friends. Initially I had been studying and then around dinnertime, these crazy wackos were going for dinner (and I was still contemplating). So this Nicolas&Amey went to find me just to convince me and they LIED to me so that I would go out with them, saying that it was Yvonne's 21st "birthday"! So I obliged ok mainly because I did want to have some fun before the reading week and also because of the birthday! It was only at Ben&Jerry's that I found out it was a prank! IT WASN'T ANYONE'S BIRTHDAY! Tsk LOL. THANKS MAN guys haha! But I did have so much fun! And I totally have to mention this incident! We squeezed seven people in the car (so there were 5 of us sardined at the back!). This reminded me so much of India because we squeezed it SIX people in the tiny, auto rickshaw a few times! Suffocating to the max hee.

Anyway, during the ride, Nicholas who drove (i don't really know much about the road regulations) went by this way that would risk the car of being caught. So someone mentioned "Ok, hopefully there isn't any camera here" or "We'll be caught if there's camera here" (somewhere along these lines) and our dear dear JESSIE said this, "C'mon hide our faces!" and IMMEDIATELY DUCKED HER HEAD AND COVERED HER FACE BWAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA. And then Alvin went like, "That's not how they catch you!". Damn hilarious please! So anyway we decided to ask Madame Francesca to join us for dinner (like a super random thing) but unfortunately she couldn't. Amey was also another joker, apparently he received these really valuable, delicious, excuisite mangoes from his mother (because he'll be staying on campus till the end of the exams), and he was all the way PROTECTING his mangoes like they were gold (everybody say aww) and refusing to put them in the boot! Ok, I'm gonna miss these bunch of people cos ALL of them will be flying to France next semester (except for me and Alvin LOL) for exchange boohoo. Whether I'll be continuing french next semester is another question.

Went to Manhattan Fish Market last night to celebrate Ais' 21st in advance! Full strength! Which is so rare this semester and so awesome :D Khai came with a completely new hairdo. Imagine a MAZE through his sideburns and his hair for the leece to go through *LAUGHS. Managed to eat my flaming prawn platter again and see the usuals!

And proceeding to the crucial things like incoming exams, uh.

24th April: Personality psych exam
28th April: Health Psych
30th April: Cognitive Psych
3rd May: Singapore Society

CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO END WOOHOO.
TILL THEN SO LONG I'M GONNA GO INTO HIDING :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds