Skip to main content

The butter of my bread

Friday night was super, had dinner with the just-turned-21 Nuurun, with amey, alvin, adit and jessie. Then just like what we always do, went to chill at Arab Street. The Iced Mint Tea served at the place we went was really refreshing. Played another crazy game of charades! Smashin' good time with awesome company as always :)

I took a rather small break this long weekend, getting amused by all these Ris Low issues and whatnots, watched movies at home, and just reading. You should watch Diner De Cons because it is so hilarious! It's regarding a group of friends who bring idiots for dinner and treat them as objects of mockery until one fine night, the biggest idiot of all screwed the day of the protagonist throughout the course of one day! What faddy said about French movies are right, they comprise loads of talking, very few locations/scenes but the movie quality is good! I just watched La Chevre also, this movie is rather old (but not ancient), it's about how a klutz helped to search a missing girl (who happens to be a klutz too) and well he eventually found her, leaving his professional accomplice in disbelief (Gerard Depardieu is so good-looking in his younger days!).

I am inspired by Julie and Julia so bad that I really need to start materializing one of my 2010 resolutions; and that is cooking. Before that I need a good recipe, and the first simple dish I'd like to try is Aglio Olio. I've always been a fan of Aglio Olio and I'd try different versions of it at places. The most disappointing one is at Swensens. I remembered how Rauf scoffed at my meal which apparently looked like utter crap next to his extravagant meal. The Aglio Olio there was plain, lack of garlic, lack of taste, not worthy of the cost. I guess this would appeal to fans of pure blandness, but not for me. So, anyone has good recipes for it?

Have you ever thought about the existence of some soul out there who has the exact same rhythm as you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds