Skip to main content

Innocence is brilliant



I love this Canon ad! Perhaps it's because of the song which I like. I love her second album Under My Skin (and yes I'm biased because my camera is Canon).

I think Orchard Road seriously needs lighting. Have you seen it after they took down the Christmas lights? The whole street just look plain and dead. Maybe I was there pretty late and it was a weekday (plus Monday, first day of school). But I think it could do better with some lights, I really love the Christmas lights! Feels like some fairy tale setting but guess not, with the crowd and everything (= distorted fairytale). But at least we'll have our own Champs-Elysees in Orchard with the lightings though.

Can you believe that I've never taken up the 11-storey escalators at Orchard Central before? And what's worse, I cannot believe I was a bit scared when we got higher, like sheesh! It was 11 pm, and I dragged aishah to do this with me while the roads were empty. But it was nice! We went all the way up till the garden rooftop. There were restaurants up there. But the garden was so miniature, they should really expand it or something! And yes on this unfortunate day, I lost my ez-link card and my matric card, only to retrieve it back the day after. Was so happy, thank God some aunty was smart enough to call up the school. You know, the loss of ez-link card (with student bus concession) can deprive you quite a deal.

So what have I been doing so far? Let's see. All I can remember was going out almost every single day. And if I wasn't going out, all I do at home is napping, naping and more napping. Ok on the plus side, I will not be able to do this when school starts next Monday. Currently reading Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging. Jeez, I should start with the intellectual books. Need to start reading Chetan's books bought from India, Tipping Point, Blink, Middlesex, Wednesdays Letters, A Hundred Years of Solitude and many more. Rewatching You're Beautiful, completed Coffee Prince and still in love with Lee Min Ho. Jeez. I cannot believe the recent meet-up with his fans costed a lot for them, and this was when I was still in India! Need to start revising French unless I wanna be one of the laggy ones in class. Need to earn money from tuition once again. And also, I need to really run! Am waiting to get through 2 more bidding of modules!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds