Skip to main content
Photobucket

“All I ever want is to show you how much I love you. I want to take your hand in my hand. I want to show you the places I go so I can think and the movies I watch. I want to show you all of the things I’ve written. Or all of the photos I’ve taken. I want to show you how beautiful certain people are and just how great it is to be a weird little mess. I want to show you how to accept and even embrace how tragic things can get. I want to show you that it’s okay not to believe and it’s okay not to be afraid to die. I want to show you how to breathe slowly and feel your own heartbeat. I want to show you that I’m not like everyone else you meet, that I’m not worried about what they worry about. I want to show you just how thrilling it is to jump off of high surfaces and run with your eyes closed tight. I want to show you that it’s lovely walking in the rain, letting rain drops run over your exposed skin and feel them drip off the tip of your nose. I want to show you how much I love people and no matter how worked up I get, I do deep down realize that I am so insignificant and tiny. I want to show you what it’s like to run wild and laugh your ass off in public. I want to show you how people look at me and how they talk to me. I want to show you how I move day to day and the things I wear. I want to show you my face, without makeup. I want to show you my life, but I have no idea who you are.”


Source: stay wild, stay free

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!