Skip to main content

Riding the highs, again

More often than not, I'll get responses like;
"So you can read my mind!"
"Haha you're going to be around crazy people"


This is after having learnt I major in Psychology. I'd like to address two major misconceptions about it (:


1) We cannot read your minds. Simply because we are not psychics (and also because I'm only a student-human HAHA). Although the two share a common root word here 'psych' but no, we really cannot read your minds. Maybe to twist this a little bit, yes, we can infer what MIGHT be on your mind based on your behaviour, your thoughts (when you express them verbally), your speech, your personality. In a nutshell, psychologists exist to understand the complexity of human behaviour and mental processes. And to accomplish this, they use various means to comprehend such a complex task through interviews, consultation, clinical means and so on. These require a lot of "prying" which allows them to arrive to certain "conclusions" which are often confused with the "results of mind reading".

2) One branch of psychology focuses on mental disorders. Or perhaps it could be one of the larger branches since majority of people studying this proceed to be clinical psychologists which focus on mental health. Hence the association between psychology and the mental. But there are other branches as well like organisational psychology, educational psychology, child psychology, biological psychology, social psychology and the lists just go on because it's such a broad study. So it's not just only confined to the mental health. But yes, I'd like to experience working in IMH someday.
-


I cannot express how high we are today. It all started in nuurun's car whereby 98.7fm was played. And at that point in time, the muttons mentioned about the Subaru Challenge and Lookie had this sudden interest to participate in it, so all of us kept ringing 98.7 crazily and Adit got through! SO LOOOKIEE will be in the Subaru Challenge! We were so high because what are the chances right! It was ZE HIGHTEST MOMENT man hahahahah. I cannot wait till the day of the competition where he must place his hands on the car! We'll support you! Dinner and company were great, enough said!

Ah, after several years I'm still in love with Hands Down. The favouritest part of the favouritest song (:


Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember,
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo,
the dim of the soft lights,
the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers and
the time on the clock when we realized
it's so late and the walk that we shared together.
The street was wet and the gate was locked
so I jumped it and let you in
and you stood at the door with your hands on my waist
and you kissed me, like you meant it
but you meant it and I knew that you meant it,
that you meant it, that you meant it,
and I knew, that you meant it, that you meant it.

- Dashboard Confessional



I'm listening to the original rock version, and am rockin' at almost 2 am now HAHAHA. Screw it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds