Skip to main content

Low tides

What goes up must come down. School's becoming mundane, and if I do speak about meaningful things, I'd only want to do that with someone who knows me best, for now. I don't care about anyone else. I don't feel like having small talks at the moment. So I plugged my ears with music. Sat next to the window in the bus. It was sunny, bright sunny. So I closed my eyes. And just drown. Drown myself in music. It has been quite some time since I lost myself in my world, my music. Let the sunrays bask on my face. And as I opened my eyes, everything else looked green. Wonders of closing your eyes under the Sun.
-

And so, yesterday marked the first day of the second half of semester. Recess Week has officially ended, boohoo, and what have I really done? Anyway I'm glad stats 2 midterm test was over, and I found it do-able (I hope). Thank God! I must start on genes second assignment, do a whole loadsa readings for abnormal and devt psych.

This SMS text between me and N is funny.

N: Eh, got any special seating arrangement or venues for midterms later? Just in case ada and I didn't know. Haha.
Me: I don't know about seating arrangements. I suppose when we're in the LT he might make us disperse a little bit. Who's ada? Haha!
N: Ada's not a person. Haha. Bahasa Malay lah.

FTWROLFLMAO.

"Ada" means "have" in Malay. It really does sound like a name when she texted me that! Not that my malay sucks ok. Tsktsk.

Speaking about Malay, some people have asked why is that Malay families like to stay at lower levels of an apartment block. Of course there are some anomaly, like my family for example who stays in the 14th floor. But I really don't know why majority of the malay community like to stay at the lower levels. Perhaps it's convenient for them? But now they have lifts accessing every levels, so it renders that reason unacceptable. So why ah?

I just realised that I don't have any affinity for rendang, be it beef or chicken. Now that it's still the Raya period so this topic of rendang is relevant. Anyhow, it's not that I loathe rendang to the point where I would make a disgusted face and vomit, I just don't love it. Not like how I love sambal prawns, or how I love hokkien mee or tomyam. It just made me wonder about our taste buds and how they react to different stimuli of variety of tastes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Coincidence helps you in some way

There's this guy who happens to be in the same stats and developmental psych tutorial as me, and we knew each other through those classes. So after our class yesterday, we happened to board the same bus, happened to go to the same place, and happened to need to deposit money as well. I brought half of my wad of notes from money I collected from Hari Raya and the money I received from tuition too. Anyway, thankfully for the guy, he told me that the machine does not accept 5-dollar, and 2-dollar notes and MAJORITY of the thick wad of notes I brought were. Can you imagine how stupid I would look if I were to put the whole wad of notes there and they would all be rejected? And I had FORGOTTEN about it, so dumb please. You know, families should give you $10 notes instead of $2s (HAHA). So geez, I only managed to bank in abit only. After everything, the guy had to go for his taekwondo classes and I'm meeting Qeen, AND after spoken about exams, exchange programmes, past schools, bad ...