Skip to main content

((:

Let's talk about absurdity.

I had a dream a few days ago. And it was all about how I was given a lift in a mini cooper. Except that the mini cooper wasn't mini at all. When I peeked inside, there was a few rows of chairs, those of you see in movie theatres, and people were all filling up the seats. So funny! It was as though we were all going for a ride together. On that same night I had a nightmare, but when I woke up I only remembered remembering this dream about the colossal mini cooper, lmao.

There was this other time when I was on the bus with alvin and jessie, and I was eating a date. I was offering jessie the date but she refused. So I said, "I know why you don't wanna eat the date, cos you think it looks like a cockroach right!" Then I heard this snigger from a boy in the bus who overheard our conversation, he was laughing about what I said! Then I realised how ludicrous of the idea of date looking like a cockroach. I think I kind of recalled once upon a time in the adolescence when I thought it does resemble the cockroach and I had refused to eat dates. Ey, but they're nice ok, sweet yum!

Ok enough about absurdity. It's 3 am and I'm listening to the mixtape I bought from the two girls selling them along the as6 walkway. I think on that day I was momentarily blissful because I had this musical connection with sharan when we did mp3 exchange during our boring devt lecture. And I also bought 2 mixtapes and the mix of songs are pretty good! The one I'm listening to now has really nice feel-good songs, like those you would wanna sit in the cafe, sip your coffee and feel happy for no particular reason (: Ah, the littlest things that make me happy.

Apart from that, I feel so stupid statistically really. I'm slow in my readings and I need to grasp those concepts soon, gah. Thank god for tutorial I managed to catch up a little bit. And I friggin missed the second genes and soc quiz just because I don't check my nus email very often, dammit, one free mark gone. Have to be on my feet all the time nowwwwwwww.

And, my two anticipated movies this month.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds