Skip to main content

When you need moolahs

I reckon that I don't have to get pissed drunk (like, God forbids) just to get high. Throughout the bus ride on the Night Rider with aiman & khai, we were totally in heaps of laughter till the end of it. Bloody twerps. And they claimed that I haven't taken my medication.

Me: Daym, I missed the pj times.
Khai: Then? Go buy the newspaper la!

FTW!
And then we were talking about this girl called Constance.

Aiman: I don't think there are much changes to her right now, she's constance what.

WTH! Seriously!

Anyway I think what qeen said about the cheesy wedding picture of ron and hermione below being guffaw-worthy is true. HAHAHAHA. But well, I'm just giving a peep on what's in store for them in the future. Funny, why did they do that photoshoot anyway?

It seems that life has temporarily gone to a halt, still but moving. When you have nothing in store for the day, when you can spend hours in front of the tv, and just doing nothing in particular, when you go out and come home and the cycle goes on, it really goes to a standstill. I'd say this is bitterly blissful. For short term, it's good. But 3 more weeks of this? Nay.

Kiki asked me if I wanted to come to KL and see her next week. Should I should I? There's this feeling that I wanna do something adventurous, but what? Alright, if hopping onto the coach to KL alone for 5 hours means a teeny wee bit of adventure, I should totally go. Sigh. If money really does grow on trees, I'd be backpacking in Europe right now. And once in awhile I would live life as slow-paced as the countryside people. Waking up every morning to the view of a small, quaint town, taking my time to eat, ski during winter, watch the flowers bloom in spring, engage in light-hearted conversations with beautiful strangers while sipping a cuppa coffee, stopping by just to greet, shit I can just dream on and on. Or perhaps I should go discover Africa. Or just anywhere else different from here. Money growing on trees? Evidently that's not coming true ever.

Thanks to a friend, I signed up to be a research assistant for a research in trauma psychology in school. But they only have 10 vacancies, oh God please let whoever it is pick me! Plus, I can make buckeroos and experience this whole new thing I'm unfamiliar with since I've never done anything close to being an assistant. Awesome shizzzz.
And fasting is just great. It's about the only period/time when I don't think about food.
Abstinence is king.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds