Skip to main content

Momentary bliss

Being with Aishah really brings out the worst of the drama queen in me. And this is no joke. We both could really make some scenes worthy of a known play (someday) HAHA! It's all in the name of fun, teasing each other and acting all stupid or dumb or crazy or even pissed, and we give no shit to the surroundings. This sounds really gay but I like being dramatic with her. Today we met up since she has a day-off from her idea of a hell hole, Borders, and we played a silly game of vocabulary. Like I said something like, "Ey, why must you disregard me because of an ice-cream (that she's eating)" and she claimed that 'disregard' is a strong word. Yet, on another occasion, she said "Yeah, I'm trying to decode you" when you can easily say 'I'm trying to understand you' HAHAHA. And we bantered on and on like that, using the best of our vocabulary. Like, from unique to unusual to exquisite and so on so forth. We're on a roll man. LMAO. Effing fun.

Anyway we roamed around the city and decided to see what was going on at the Night Festival outside the National Museum. And there was this firework display and it was a moment of awe for us, I think it could have been the best firework display I've ever seen because it felt so close and real, and the approach to it was fascinating as there were shooting fireworks.

Tres cool!

Photobucket
And this 'falling' fire is really cool. The museum looks so alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!