Skip to main content

Food paradise?

I just got back from the perfect getaway of the moment yesterday afternoon. Technically I didn't really stay in KL, it's more of staying at Sunway at Sunway hostel in the compounds of the Sunway University campus. How cool huh? Perfect was the word to describe because I ate to my heart's content (someone remind me that gluttony is one of the deadly sins), slept till late, unrushed, carefree and with heaps of laughter. It was just pure fun and it was nice seeing Kiki again, thanks for the accomodation in your room! And all the fun hassle to come in and out of the hostel separately just not to get the security guards suspicious. Haha.

So I'm a happy goober. Why? Here's the list of things/places we ate at:
  • Nandos
  • Subway
  • Auntie Anne's
  • Baskin Robbins (nuurun had tons of ice cream)
  • Ichiban Ramen
  • J.co
  • Some bakery
  • Secret Recipe
  • A&W
  • Johnny's
  • Paratha Wrap/Crispy Wrap
  • San Francisco Coffee
  • Restoran Nasi Kandar Jaafar (LOL)
  • Haagen Daaz
  • Manhattan Fish Market
  • Food court at Sunway Pyramid
  • Lin Shihlin Taiwanese snack

I swear I am so not gonna eat so much for the next few days. Only when I need to. Hmmm.. Someone please ask me out for some burning of calories already!

But I'm a happy goober. Bought several quality clothes for cheap deals. Can sales get any better? I'm not a shopaholic or anything, but when there are crazy sales, you need to plunge right into it, needn't you?

Glad that 3 months of holiday have been a blast, all's well. Two more weeks till school commences and I've overflowing things of things to do already before busi-ness kicks in for a new semester. Being a year two sounds so ... fast. First thing i did when I got home yesterday was to check what modules were pre-allocated to me. Only to find out that I only got ONE pathetic module, and that is, developmental psychology. Once again I'm in this race to get modules desired, stats 2 and abnormal psychology. Oh please please don't let em be so popular. I have a love-hate relationship with the bidding system really.

So what have I been doing back home? Watched Shopaholic (i gave this movie a second chance since the first time i watched it was a terrible experience) and I found it really good. Sophie Kinsella books are brilliant (though not with any form of literary credit). Oh and speaking of Kinsella, am reading 'Remember Me?' nuurun lent to me. Been cleaning up a little bit in my room (seems like my sis is doing more of it than me) and catching up with people. Need to get my hair cut, renew my passport (i received my third warning to change the passport photo, and no, i didn't put on my glasses), need to upgrade my phone plan and finally return rauf's sister's temporary phone I've been using, and Project Nai Disha.

My one-year old toshiba lappy is showing signs of aging at an alarmingly fast rate. My shift key isn't as springy and I've to use more force to create the capital letters. Dayum. Ok I've a flyer to do now. Tatas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reclaiming my voice

It has been more than 2 years since I published anything on this blog. I have written a few reflections quite abit during this time, but they are mostly in draft versions, probably reflective of the scatteredness of my thought processes, or the ongoing engagement with the topic which has yet found a proper resolve (or is there ever a resolve really?), or just me finding mere words to articulate my thoughts that are waiting to be entertained and possibly verbalised or written. I'm driven to write this post precisely because I can't entirely ignore the nagging voice inside my head, telling me to use writing as a tool to not only express myself, but to reclaim my voice. It is such an insanely noisy world. The constant stream of information from different online platforms not only pull me from various directions, but it spreads my attention too thin that it is impossible to follow one stream of thought, sit on it for awhile, slowly reflect and if possible, articulate it. It is not

Information vs. Knowledge

“To know how to put what knowledge in which place is wisdom. Otherwise, knowledge without order and seeking it without discipline does lead to confusion and hence to injustice to one's self.” - Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas This week's key takeaway for me is that; knowledge requires knowing its proper order and place.  Everything else is just information.

Infinity

unbounded to any definitions or limits, existing but not adequately known. this entity, being constantly talked about, pulls like an unbeatable gravitational force. we are always approaching, almost touching, existing in tandem, still, not yet meeting Infinity the eventual meeting where there are no bounds