Skip to main content

Babble

Transformers 2 was great, or at least better than I expected it to be. True, the first one is more original, but the second one has a thrilling plot and includes some emotional elements, like how Optimus Prime and Sam died (but didn't really) and these scenes are effing tear-jerker! Anyway, I'm looking forward to The Proposal, Half Blood Prince (!!!) and The Time Traveller's Wife!

Anyway I saw Amrit again today, dressed in her usual sleeping gown, along with her mobile phone and cigarette under the void deck, yakking away with god knows who over the phone. Like I see her once a fortnight doing the usual routine and it often amuses me. And when we caught each other within a distance away, she'll always give that "Oh, it's you again, how nice!" look. It's just nice to see someone familiar each time you come back home at night. Maybe we're meant to see each other and talk about something other than school, life on the surface and stuffs. We used to have good conversations when I was 17, and then we had our own lifes to think about. But anyway, it's just nice seeing people you know around the neighbourhood. It's not like everyone here is my friend.

Today I did one thing I haven't done in ages. EXERCISING. It isn't as simple as how it was before, I could run anytime with faddy or eva back then before uni (how on earth did we run ever so regularly?!). Anyway, I started to do jumping jacks since I remembered how Mr Yaw made us do hundreds of them and we were sweating like mad. And then I did push-ups and sit-ups when it suddenly dawned on me that I should do crunches as well. No biggie when we always do it during the touch rugby days right? (eons ago, I should add). Wah, little did I know I technically FORGOT how to do the damn crunches. What I exactly did to regain my memory of it was to lie down with both my legs up in a 90 degrees position. Then I realise oh I should bend my legs and voila!

I.Am.So.Kidding.Myself.Here.


But it feels good. I need to exercise more from now onwards. Just the thought of eating in abundance and to mention VARIETY of food everyday makes me feel sick and disgusted. Screw the weight-conscious society, we should exercise just because. And to execute that, you really can't be lazy like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...