Skip to main content

If i fall through these days

20 years I've been living. Yesterday was one of the few times when I was able to justify my existence. That I live not just because. But I am here for a reason. Life is a roller coaster ride. There were times when I wonder about how perfect the lives of others can be. Perfect happy family. Successful. Able to earn more than just to make ends meet. To love and be loved in return. World filled with love, wealth, good heath. Unflawed.

Before I stupidly lead myself into such a delusional belief of the lives of others and choosing to believe how mine pales in total comparison, I thought about how meanings would be lost if everyone had acquired every single thing mentioned above. Then why live anymore? Better to rest in peace with everything you've achieved, particularly happiness. And until we return to Him, dying in sheer happiness and peace; that's what we all should aim for.

Now I see that life is perpetual with challenges, and it's up to us to face up to all of them. If we're in a constant fight to succumb to all challenges, then we live. We live the life that is given to us. If life gives you lemons, I guess all you can do is to make lemonade!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!