Skip to main content

Apples with fangs

Say hello to the girl who cuts apples with fangs.

About more than a week ago, I was arrowed to bring something for breakfast before the meeting yesterday, halloween-themed. So a dear good friend of mine sent me this link for ideas. Really creative and cute right?

Anyhow, I decided to make monster jaws out of apples after some persuasion by a couple of colleagues who were in charge of the breakfast.

And mine turned out like this (photo credits to a colleague).

LAWLS. I tried my best. Although this was a far cry from what I intended to make.

Anyway, by lunchtime where there was a steamboat lunch in the office, I was officially known by everyone in the staff lounge as the 'girl who cuts apples with fangs'. So it turned out that I was the only one who brought something halloween-themed. Another colleague was supposed to bring a pumpkin cake but that didn't work out. There was even a joke that if anyone needs apples with fangs, "Sakinah would gladly do it at 5am" instead of writing reports. Yes, I woke up at 5:30 am just to cut these apples, and thanks to mom as well who helped. The entire time when I had to do minutes for the meeting till lunch, I was hoping so hard that these apples would magically be eaten without questions asked as to how they were there in the first place. Not a bad idea to go with actually; if these apples have fangs, they probably have legs to get there. But boy, was I wrong. By lunchtime, these poor apples kind of had a reputation, and everyone knew that I was the one. One of the bosses went, "Oh, so you were the one who cut the apples?" I actually made some dry humour about my "feeble attempt to match to the theme" and some of my bosses actually laughed along with me and said nice things about these apples. There was this other colleague who smiled at me and made fake fangs using his fingers. And some asked me how I actually made them.

We all play different scenarios in our heads on ways to stand out at work. Never would I thought, imagine, or even intend to, that apples would be in the picture. I mean like, APPLES?! Like I mentioned, it was really my feeble, genuine attempt to match to the theme.

Seriously, this made me want to laugh at myself the entire day, and even now.
HAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAH.

It was an awesome and interesting Friday. Steamboat lunch was awesome as we could all bond over food. And bond over apples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!