Skip to main content

Apres une semaine..


Some weekends can just be.. that.
  • I love Wednesdays simply because of the lectures (cognitive and personality). Great lecturers we have. Personality's fun, can't believe the lecturer claimed himself not to be humourous when he could do unique extraordinary things that lighten up the atmosphere; like throwing his stuffed toy to the audience and whoever caught it had to answer questions (like filling in the blanks from his lecture notes) and randomly picking 5 names from the lecture group to do some personality ranking demonstration. We all freaked out, in a good way, lol.

  • Met up with bala, lina & aishah on Wednesday. Was awesome meet-up, it was like taking a walk back to the memory lane because we were talking about all the things that happened in secondary school! Crushes, how some of them really made us swoon (geez), who's with who, charming-looking teachers (Mr R & Mr S!), the bi-atches of the school, hilarious antics (of Mr G & Mrs K), how we always slacked off during Lit class, awesome council days, and the many high school drama (and pranks) you can imagine! Nothing can really beat secondary school adventures. Where days were just filled with all the innocent fun and the carefree days, oh how I miss.

  • I love that Chewy Juniors have $1/purchase discount exclusively for students! But aishah & I learnt that you can never look pretty when you eat Chewy Juniors. One big bite and next thing you know you have cream all over your mouth.

  • Mdm Francesca has been pretty cool lately. Not only does she let us off ON TIME on most days (which she never did last semester), she lends her french DVDs to the french 4 cohort, which is just so awesome!

  • Nuurun & I were so high on Friday night, we don't even need alcohol for that. Like moving to the beat of Mediterranean songs, laughing at Amey's Einstein-inspired hairdo (lol) and chillin' out with them + adit & aalok. Chillax session to the maxxx.

  • I've never come across really cool, good group page in Facebook until recently. It's called 'Overheard at NUS', really awesome group where students share interesting/bimbotic/funny quotes and shenanigans in lectures and around campus (especially in toilets with people talking so loudly to be overheard). And bulk of them contain quotations by lecturers, interesting :) Some excerpts:

    Back when I was in first year in uni, I took Chinese Level 1. Our composition test was coming up and I emailed the teacher asking if the characters from lessons one to four will be tested. She replied (and I quote): Dear If you enjoiy to write a good Comp so characters very impotent too. Lao shi

    Lecturer shared this during a journalism class. her editor told her this when she was still a junior reporter: "Don't ever assume. because that will make and ASS out of U and ME.

    A certain LS lecuturer: (Referring to the use of anabolic steroids) "Women develop more manly characteristics when they over-use steriods. (points to picture) Smaller breasts, more muscular. This woman is not my type. Even viagra also cannot help me." *pause* "I am still strong ah."

    2 students walking around AS2 looking frantic, guy comes over
    guy: hello do u know where is the biolab???
    me: there's no biolab here.. this is arts..
    guy: *shows me paper* it says it's at S2 what!
    me: ya but this is AS2........
    guy walks away and tells his girl friend "i feel damn dumb now"



  • Met up with dearest qeen for catch-up at Lot One. We made sure the whole k-pop craze has gone, at least, after Shinee has left. The last thing we want on top of the Sunday crowd at Lot One is a mob. One of the randomest things we talked about today is James Marsden in Enchanted, LOL.

  • I love how the moon appear to be so close to us nowadays. So bright and huge :) I love looking at the nightsky, the moon and the stars. Reminds me of how tiny I am right here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!