Skip to main content

Riding the highs, again

More often than not, I'll get responses like;
"So you can read my mind!"
"Haha you're going to be around crazy people"


This is after having learnt I major in Psychology. I'd like to address two major misconceptions about it (:


1) We cannot read your minds. Simply because we are not psychics (and also because I'm only a student-human HAHA). Although the two share a common root word here 'psych' but no, we really cannot read your minds. Maybe to twist this a little bit, yes, we can infer what MIGHT be on your mind based on your behaviour, your thoughts (when you express them verbally), your speech, your personality. In a nutshell, psychologists exist to understand the complexity of human behaviour and mental processes. And to accomplish this, they use various means to comprehend such a complex task through interviews, consultation, clinical means and so on. These require a lot of "prying" which allows them to arrive to certain "conclusions" which are often confused with the "results of mind reading".

2) One branch of psychology focuses on mental disorders. Or perhaps it could be one of the larger branches since majority of people studying this proceed to be clinical psychologists which focus on mental health. Hence the association between psychology and the mental. But there are other branches as well like organisational psychology, educational psychology, child psychology, biological psychology, social psychology and the lists just go on because it's such a broad study. So it's not just only confined to the mental health. But yes, I'd like to experience working in IMH someday.
-


I cannot express how high we are today. It all started in nuurun's car whereby 98.7fm was played. And at that point in time, the muttons mentioned about the Subaru Challenge and Lookie had this sudden interest to participate in it, so all of us kept ringing 98.7 crazily and Adit got through! SO LOOOKIEE will be in the Subaru Challenge! We were so high because what are the chances right! It was ZE HIGHTEST MOMENT man hahahahah. I cannot wait till the day of the competition where he must place his hands on the car! We'll support you! Dinner and company were great, enough said!

Ah, after several years I'm still in love with Hands Down. The favouritest part of the favouritest song (:


Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember,
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo,
the dim of the soft lights,
the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers and
the time on the clock when we realized
it's so late and the walk that we shared together.
The street was wet and the gate was locked
so I jumped it and let you in
and you stood at the door with your hands on my waist
and you kissed me, like you meant it
but you meant it and I knew that you meant it,
that you meant it, that you meant it,
and I knew, that you meant it, that you meant it.

- Dashboard Confessional



I'm listening to the original rock version, and am rockin' at almost 2 am now HAHAHA. Screw it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's always 1001 things to do

Now, I supposed most Singaporean bloggers will harp about the flood at Orchard Road. I shall skip that, although I'd like to add that I actually woke up this morning (11 am) feeling so good because the weather's nice. Little did I know for two hours there was a flood at Orchard Road and to think that such occurences are rarity. Ok I hope they would start doing something to the drainage system. Working at Media C. for 2 days was quite an experience, except that Aiman and I did nothing much on Sunday and we kind of did a million more things on Monday because we had ongoing tasks to do. Plus we've met exciting people and also, hmm, interesting people (of whom we secretly gave nicknames for us to refer to). I suddenly thought of The Devil Wears Prada and I actually wonder how the life of assistants are in this line of work, are they really treated like shit? Is that a part of climbing up the ladder in this career path? Ok random. The awesome thing is really to see how they swi...

Dumbledore

I know this is probably another random entry. But I'm excited for Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows movie and I suddenly thought about the day when I read through the final pages of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I must admit, I was actually mourning for the great Albus Dumbledore when he died (or got killed rather). Not the kind of mourning that goes on for days, just a momentary one. And I pictured in my mind, how everyone in Hogwarts were mourning for their beloved Headmaster and how solemn the environment must have felt to the extent that I actually thought that the bedroom where I was, in this tiny, little Singapore, felt equally dull and grey as well. It's impressive how characters come alive like that and reel me into the world of stories. I even had texted Revathi about how sad I felt when I was done with the book. Pardon for the melodrama, but it's the power of narration, and of course the brilliant writer herself, J.K Rowling. And certainly, the mo...

Artichoke

HAHA! Si tu le dis : you know what archuleta sounds like Si tu le dis : it sounds like artichokes sakinah : what! sakinah : HAHA sakinah : YEAH! sakinah : the french vegetable! Si tu le dis : thus, vegetables. As a matter of fact, I did taste artichoke, and it's pretty good. Very delicious vegetable indeed, right Alvin? HAHAHAH!